AFL TELECOMMUNICATIONS S014012 FST-12 FIBER SEPARATION TOOL NEW FST-12 Fiber Separation Tool
The FST-12 Fiber Separation Tool is used to quickly, accurately and reliably split ribbons
into sub-groups or individual fi bers. The ergonomic FST-12 design enables safe and
reliable, one-handed operation for use in diverse fi ber deployment environments, such as
aerial and remote-site applications.
DESCRIPTION PART #
FST-12 Fiber Separation Tool
Includes: 12-fi ber ribbon jaw set, instructional manual and color coded quick reference guide S014012
Features and Benefi ts
• Enables separation of groups of fi bers or single fi bers and is not limited to only evennumbered groupings.
• One-handed operation allows the operator’s other hand to guide and control the ribbon at all times, minimizing the potential for accidental damage to the fi bers or ribbon.
• Hand-held method eliminates the need to utilize valuable work surface space for operation and is the ideal solution for remote-site and aerial operations such as bucket truck or ladder-sling applications.
• Performing two overlapping separations of the ribbon allows any single fi ber or any sub-group of fi bers to be extracted from the ribbon, even in mid-span taut-sheath operations where minimal ribbon length is available.
• Standard tool designed for fi ber counts up to 12-fi ber ribbon.