50PR 24AWG PE-89 CASPIC-FSF CABLE REEL OF 1000 FEET ARMORED Product Description
CASPIC-FSF cables are designed for direct burial or duct applications where protection from moisture is required. CASPIC-FSF cables are recommended for use in
high-risk areas where additional mechanical or rodent protection is required. CASPIC-FSF may be used aerially, but must be attached to a support strand.
• CONDUCTORS: Solid annealed copper in 19, 22, 24 and 26 AWG.
• INSULATION: Conductors are dual insulated with an inner layer of foamed,
natural polyolefin covered by an outer layer of solid, colored polyolefin. The
conductor insulation is color coded in accordance with industry standard.
• TWISTED PAIRS: Individual insulated conductors are twisted into pairs with
varying lay lengths to minimize crosstalk and specific color combinations to
provide pair identification.
• CORE ASSEMBLY: Cables of 25 pairs or less are assembled into a cylindrical
core. Cables larger than 25 pairs are assembled into units, which are then used
to assemble the core. Units are individually identifiable by color coded
• FILLING COMPOUND: The core assembly is filled with an 80°C ETPR
compound, completely filling the interstices between the pairs and under the
• CORE WRAP: A non-hygroscopic, dielectric tape is applied over the core
assembly to provide thermal protection for the core.
• SHIELDING: The dual shielding system consists of two metal tapes.
• Inner: A corrugated, copolymer coated, 8-mil aluminum tape is applied directly
over the core wrap. The aluminum tape does not butt or overlap at any point
along the length of the cable.
• Outer: A corrugated, copolymer coated, 6-mil steel tape is applied directly over
the aluminum and overlaps. The shield interfaces are flooded.
• JACKET: A black, linear low-density polyethylene jacket is applied overall. The
jacket provides a tough protective covering designed to withstand
exposure to direct sunlight, atmospheric temperature changes and stresses
expected in standard installations.
• JACKET MARKINGS: Information, such as manufacturer's identification, pair
count, AWG, product identification, sequential footage and a telephone handset
is printed at 2 ft. intervals on the cable jacket.